I'm just on my way to the airport and I'll be back in a week time. I have to sort few things out in the UK, so hopefully I will have some much needed time off and will meet my friends over there. Very excited! Although I just know I will run around like a headless chicken...
Sunday, 22 April 2012
I was thinking of the ways to use a cake stand and this is what I came up with.
I used Rice Etagére for the photos. The etagére comes from the shop and you soon will be able to buy it online (yey, we are finally opening our online shop!)
Have a great evening!
Friday, 20 April 2012
I finished the project last night but couldn't take good photos until this morning.. So with a little delay here it comes: super easy photo holder DIY.
1. Supplies needed: some stones, washed and dried; easy to fold wire; brushes and paint. I used acrylic paint and it covered the stones perfectly. You can also spray the stones with clear spray once they are painted and dried - it would add some shine and make the colours brighter.
2. Paint your stones in chosen colours.
3. Wire the stones around as shown on the photo. Do the top loop by wiring around a pencil.
4. Add your photos and ta-da! You have an original photo didplay!
You can leave your stones unpainted to create a natural look.
Use black and white photos if your stones are colourful.
Paint one side of a stone, wait until dry and paint the other side.
You can paint your stones all in one colour to match your interior deco.
The holders are great as table number holders!
Have fun and see you soon!
Thursday, 19 April 2012
Piri the Cat decided to get unwell yesterday, just when I decided to do another project and share it with you. Instead I had to go to the vet, get some medication for her and spent the rest of the evening looking after her. She just wanted to cuddle, which was quite nice. She is better now, she even brought a dead bird for me in the morning - I suppose she wanted to thank me..
Anyway, I'll share the project with you this evening - it's a fun project, so pop in later to check it!
Tuesday, 17 April 2012
This is one of my favourite recipes - it's quick, easy and really cheap. And it's really tasty!
What you need:
160g dark chocolate
200g caster sugar
vanilla essence or vanilla sugar
140g plain flour
pinch of salt
you can also add some cinnamon, chocolate chips or chopped walnuts, but I always do mine without them
How to do it:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Melt the chocolate and butter
- Beat together eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla until light
- Stif over the flour and carefully fold in
- Slowly stir in the chocolate mixture
- If you want to add chocolate chips or nuts add them now
- Pour the mixture into a greased tin
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until just set - I usually bake mine for 20 minutes and then check it every two minutes to see if it's done. The cake shouldn't be overbaked as it will become dry - the brownies should be slightly moist inside.
Do slovenčiny to preložíme zajtra :)
Monday, 16 April 2012
Our room is pretty small and although we love being surrounded by lots of pretty things, we can't put too much in here as it will look too cluttered. I wanted a simple, yet original shelf were I could display my favourite items.
So we came up with this simple pallet shelf. It was very easy to make and - the best part - it was free.
Leon too wanted to be photographed
The little dwarfs are from the shop - they make me smile and they remind me of how lucky I am to follow my dreams!
Friday, 13 April 2012
We hoped to have everything ready for you by last Monday.. Well, as you can see we didn´t finish it on time - there was just too much going on here and we were forced to focus on other things and leave the business for a little while. Now, when everything is done and sorted we can finally get back to Keeko. And it really is a huge relieve! We almost have everything ready and we will be starting fresh on Monday the 16th.
See you on Monday and have a great weekend!